Water Management Officer 2
About the Job
Water Management Officer 2 contributes to defining, implementing and monitoring several projects and activities related to the advocacy for the rational utilisation of water resources in coordination with the structure’s Water & Habitat department, management, and to representing the organization at local/national level.
This is a full-time position with the duty station in Barda.
- Oversees an organization Water and Habitat advocacy file related to the rational utilization of water in the area of operations;
- Contributes to development/ revision of the advocacy strategy;
- Organizes technical workshops/ training for operator of water systems in the area of operations;
- Organizes roundtable discussions with involvement of relevant technical structures and international community;
- Implements a joint water supply projects construction in cooperation with AzerSu;
- Conducts awareness activities in schools and villages related to the proper water management and consumption;
- Liaises with and establishes partnership with academic circles related to the water advocacy file;
- Maintains relationship with key interlocutors related to the advocacy file (AzerSu, Amelioration, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources, local authorities etc.);
- Prepares analysis/ reports on the advocacy file progress and contributes to the development of the file;
- Contributes in a delegation to implementing (or implements) and following up various field activities, in accordance with objectives.
- Monitors the humanitarian environment and needs, and analyses the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment as relevant to the organization. Shares relevant information with colleagues and reports any changes in the situation.
- Contributes to designing projects.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information about the projects and contributes to written reporting.
- Participates in internal and external meetings and develops and maintains contacts with municipal/regional authorities,and the population.
- Participates in, and may carry out independently, administrative follow-up of field missions.
Desired Profile and Skills
- High Education (University or Institute) related to water resources management (Environmental science, hydrology, economic sustainability etc.)
- 3-5 years' professional experience in a related field of activity as a project or programme officer in similar fields or in other national/international humanitarian and/or development organizations, or in the private sector.
- Good knowledge of water and sanitation engineering is an asset.
- Very good computer literacy.
- Good rigor, method and analytical skills.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Very good command of the English and Azerbaijani languages. Fluency in Russian is a distinct asset.
- Experience working in an international environment and/or an international organization is a strong asset.
- Cultural awareness and commitment to encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
How to applyYou are welcome to send your CV