Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the implementation of forensic programs in the field.
- Assists with developing and maintaining contacts with interlocutors and authorities on all forensic-related matters at the local and national level.
- Assists the supervisor and management in researching, collecting, compiling, and interpreting forensic-related information/data.
- Promotes the implementation of relevant up to date international forensic standards, including those applicable to missing persons and the management and identification of human remains.
- Participates in forensic/missing meetings, briefings, training sessions, and workshops internally and externally and preparation of minutes of meetings and follow-up actions. Provides translation if needed.
- Assists with the consolidation of forensic activities and information for quarterly forensic reports, as well as contribute to written internal reporting and activity programming (as part of institutional exercises).
- Fosters a conducive environment (multidisciplinary approach, good team dynamic) among team members.
- Upon request, carries out other tasks such as translating documents, writing minutes of meetings, official correspondence, participating to field trips… etc,
Desired Profile and Skills
- Postgraduate degree in medical, biological, or forensic sciences;
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds;
- Contribution to relevant scientific publications in the field of forensic practice, especially as applied to humanitarian and human rights investigation, is an added asset;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems and actively shares relevant.
How to applyYou are welcome to send your CV