Housekeepers Team Leader
About the Job
The Housekeepers Team Leader ensures the cleanliness of the organization's premises by providing housekeeping services and supervising a team of housekeepers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and manages the housekeeping team in charge of keeping the organization's premises clean. Performs domestic work when and if required.
- Solves minor issues related to the organization's premises/material and informs supervisors about more important ones.
- Supports the maintenance, logistics and other departments in a variety of handy tasks when assigned to the office.
- Manages a stock of cleaning-related products.
- Ensures that staff under responsibility are able to carry out their duties in safe and proper conditions and with sufficient and adequate material.
- Organizes work and uses resources that are available.
- Supervises the housekeeping staff assigned to the organization's premises and provides them with basic training.
- Assisting with the planning and co‐ordination of the delivery of the cleaning service in a way that meets the requirements of the Client in terms of time, quality and cost
- The supervision of all cleaning staff focussing on their performance in terms of standards of cleanliness and their behaviour whilst on duty
- Management and allocation of duties to cleaning staff and the preparation and maintenance of a daily cleaning schedule for all areas
- Monitoring the standard of cleaning achieved across the site and the regular checking of all areas in order to ensure that they are cleaned to the required standard
- Management of staff issues relating to discipline, grievance, welfare, attendance, appraisal, coaching and mentoring
- Promotion of health and safety and the raising of awareness of health and safety considerations among cleaning staff
- Inform the Line Manager about Monthly and daily balance of cleaning chemicals in the stockroom.
- Inform the Line Manager about new requested effective chemicals for the stock room.
- Update and record the domestic schedule in time.
- At least 1 year's work experience as Housekeepers Team Leader.
- Knowledge of basic hygiene principles.
- Average knowledge of English is an advantage.
- Great at working independently or as part of a team.
- Show initiative in upkeep of standards and taking on cleaning tasks.
- Reliable and have excellent timekeeping.
- Customer focussed and deal with all colleagues and personnel in a polite courteous manner.
- Have experience with COSH (although not essential as full training will be provided).
What we offer
- A dynamic and challenging work setting in the humanitarian environment;
- Training and development opportunities;
- A competitive salary plus benefits based on the organization's Compensation and Benefits framework.
How to applyYou are welcome to send your CV