Application Support Unit Head
- Ensure that the business application systems supported by the Software Development Department are maintained to the highest possible standard with maximum levels of attainable productivity and efficiency.
- Manage application configuration and upgrades, and problem analysis and resolution for complex application problems, in conjunction with the users and external application or service suppliers where necessary.
- Define, develop and provide an application problem analysis and resolution service for complex application problems in conjunction with the users and application suppliers.
- Manage software applications and services and assist users to run them, providing technical and project management input where required.
- Improve application functionality and performance and provide suggestions for system and business improvements.
- Analyse user processes and produce data and process flow diagrams as well as reports and recommendations for improvements.
- The post holder may be required to respond to out-of-hours application support requests (for which an additional allowance will be made).
- Manage application suppliers
- Develop procedures and documentation for application support
- Develop and maintain interfaces, exports and imports, and ensure their smooth running where required.
- System configuration, scripting and new user administration as required
- Analyse data from systems and produce technical and business reports for consumption by departmental managers.
- Proactively manage data quality in some systems
- Directly provide user training and training materials and arrange third party training.
- Analyse user processes and produce data and process flow diagrams as well as reports and recommendations for improvements. Work with departments to design and implement more effective business processes.
- Design and maintain interfaces, exports and imports, and ensure their smooth running where required.
- Line manage and develop the application support unit.
- Bachelor of Science in technical field (preferably Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and related field) and/or corresponding qualification;
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in testing ,deploying and maintaining high-available and scalable application using different backend and frontend stacks.
- 2+ years of leadership experience;
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, tools and methodologies included and used in each stage;
- Strong leadership skills to manage professional staff, assigning, organizing tasks, and overseeing implementation;
- Fluent in the Azeri, Russian and English language, oral and written, is essential; other languages are an advantage;
- Good relationship building and communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
How to applyYou are welcome to send your CV