QA Team Lead
- Manage execution of assigned QA activities, including software engineering quality assurance and testing.
- Ensure QA personnel are prioritizing and tracking defects and issues correctly and recommend corrective action where required.
- Create and implement test plans that span a product’s lifecycle, cover art, design, and engineering.
- Implement testing policies, procedures and standards across specific products.
- Manage QA personnel including full-time and temporary employees as well as testers from third party vendors.
- Adapt the testing strategy to the project’s expansion.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal and external users to acquire and exchange information on QA issues, processes, and best practices.
- Assess risks early in the production pipeline and deliver reports and recommendations on how to fix the situation to the development team
- Participate in QA leadership meetings to help set company-wide QA objectives and processes in collaboration with the other Team Leads and the Software Development Department Director.
- Creating and maintaining a professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and are fastidious and proud of delivering excellence and quality;
- To devise a tactical plan which can be collaboratively carried out by the team – to implement improvements to our products, services, processes and knowledge sharing within the team;
- To plan for team growth considering the blend/level of skills required within team;
- To assist in resourcing decisions;
- To review project progress and overview of the performance of all individuals in team;
- To proactively drive innovation with new ideas and options made available by new technologies;
- To make sure that all team members have the latest in-depth knowledge of all onsite and relevant offsite aspects at the heart of all decisions on projects or enhancements that they make;
- To make sure that all training and support that team members require is delivered internally or externally;
- To assist in critical support issues where your experience is required to ascertain the issue quickly and to find the more appropriate resolution;
- To take control over critical support instances and putting into place the correct escalation and process to manage and resolve issue as soon as possible;
- To keep up to date with the latest QA technologies and methodologies;
- To drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team;
- Bachelor's degree in a related area and\or 5+ years in the field or in a related area;
- 3+ years hands-on experience in software development;
- 2+ years of leadership experience;
- A strong sense of responsibility and initiative;
- Strong customer oriented approach with a delivery bias;
- Experience of working with 3rd party service providers;
- Experience in managing team of professionals.
- Strong leadership skills to manage professional staff, assigning, organizing tasks, and overseeing implementation;
- Fluent in the Azeri, Russian and English language, oral and written, is essential; other languages are an advantage;
- Good relationship building and communication skills;
- Expert skills in QA engineering;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Understanding the business side as well as the technical, and being able to analyze and express how these two worlds interact;
- Ability to allocate resource/effort appropriately;
- Ability to travel if needed.
How to applyYou are welcome to send your CV