Advertisement start date: 31st January 2018
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
- Provide specific technical support for the maintenance of the maritime Safety and Security Management System, in order to comply with the overall maritime regulations;
- Follow up the adequacy of the security and safety management implementation;
- Ensure the compliance with applicable maritime/international regulations and the ISM/ISPS Code effective implementation;
- Ensure, in compliance with the national/international regulations and the DPA/DSO instructions, the proper ISM/ISPS certification of the Branch and its fleet;
- Provide administrative and technical Maritime support to the Vessel Management Team during: ISM/ISPS Certification, rectification of nonconformities raised during Internal and/or Third Party Audits, change of vessel circumstances (e.g. Flag, Ownership, etc.), verification of the compliance with Minimum Safe Manning and other STCW regulations;
- Report to DPA/CSO any major obstacle encountered during audit activities;
- Liaise with the Institutional Bodies (e.g. Flag Administration, Ministry, etc.) involved in the activities required for the application of the regulations;
- Monitor compliance of each vessel to requirements of the maritime legislation, guaranteeing the execution of technical audits and inspections directly guaranteeing and ensuring, where necessary, the subsequent follow-up activities with respect to the identified corrective actions, participate to inspection activities performed by relevant bodies;
- Monitoring the Vessels certification submitting the required request to the recognized Organization and Flag Administration;
- Support the communication and implementation of the safety and environmental protection policy offshore;
- Contribute to the evaluation and review of the effectiveness of the Safety Management System and Safety Risk Assessment;
- Support the organization and monitoring of internal audits and inspections;
- Assist the project management Team regarding the ISM/ISPS issue during project activities;
- Support the function in order to Verify that each vessel is manned with properly qualified seafarers (STCW regulation as amended) and is maintained in conformity with the provisions of relevant rules and regulations (Minimum Safe Manning);
- Support the Maritime Certification and Flag Management function with verbal and written translation from/to English, Azerbaijani and Russian languages;
- Fully adhere, at all times and irrespective of the work place, to Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) policies, procedures and requirements;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Superior.
- Applicant should have a minimum of formal education as follows:
1. Qualifications from a tertiary institution within a relevant field of management, engineering or physical science, or
2. qualifications and seagoing experience as a minimum certified Chief Officer pursuant to the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch-keeping for Seafarers (STCW), 1978, as amended, or
3. other formal education combined with practical experience in ship management operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the subject of ISM Code, MARPOL, SOLAS, STCW and the ability to use it;
- Knowledge of the functional requirements of the safety and security management systems and the best practices of the maritime codes;
- Capability to support the Company business, maintaining and optimizing relationships with institutions;
- Effective communications with shipboard staff and senior management;
- Technical or operational aspects of safety management;
- Shipping and shipboard operations;
- Knowledge of Languages: English (proficient), Azerbaijani (proficient), Russian (proficient).
How to apply
You are welcome to send your CV with the subject “Maritime Certification and Flag Management Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org.