Advertisement start date: 26th January 2018
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
- Field Joint Coating Supervisor executes the activities within own area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements;
- Supervise and/or organize the field joint coating related trials;
- Perform/supervise the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT);
- Optimize the existing field joint coating equipment;
- Provide assistance to the Painting, Coating and Field Joint Coating Engineer in estimation of the FJC cycle time;
- Review the received documents pertinent to the operational field joint coating works applicable to the work site;
- Perform the FJC PQT when required to be done offshore and the FJC PPT;
- Supervise the field joint coating works on-board the pipe laying vessel;
- If required, supervise the field joint coating works on the onshore work site;
- Solve the technical problems related to the field joint coating operations on the work site;
- Provide assistance to the Painting, Coating and Field Joint Coating Engineer as required;
- Provide assistance to the QA/QC Representatives on the work site;
- Support the FJC Technology Engineer in the preparation of the production activity reports related to the field joint coating works performed on the work site (not the preparation of the QC reports).
- Fully adhere, at all times and irrespective of the work place, to Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) policies, procedures and requirements;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Superior.
- Higher education in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering;
- 2-3 years of relevant experience;
- Be Fluent in English and Azerbaijani languages;
- Knowledge of main electrical variables (voltage, current, power), their relationship with the processes, the main techniques and best practices to manage the electrical issues (power distribution in primis) in an industrial equipment. Troubleshooting of electrical aspects for the equipment, capability to perform repairs and propose alternative solutions;
- Knowledge of main Field Joint Coating processes and techniques (e.g. HSS, FBE, 3LPP, 3LPE, IMPP, IMPU);
- Knowledge of the main equipment / technology for surface preparation, coating application, infill system, heating system. Ability to select the most appropriate equipment to respect the targeted Cycle Time;
- Knowledge of main mechanical laws and techniques both in light equipment and medium weight ones. Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics fundamentals used to move parts in machines;
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for offshore pipeline installation. In particular reference is made to: Laybarge pipeline deployment methods (S-Lay, JLay, Reeling, Towing), Pipelay initiation methods (shore pull, dead man anchor, directional drilling), Tie-in methods (above water tie-in, hyperbaric tie-in, diver assisted flanged connection, driverless mechanical connectors), Pipelay contingency operations (abandonment and recovery for weather condition, wet buckle, etc.);
- Practical experience in machine repairing and maintenance;
- Ability to operate equipment and machines used in offshore pipeline installation;
- Committed to work, motivated, willing to learn and develop, and with high safety culture;
- Flexible to work offshore and overseas.
How to apply
You are welcome to send your CV with the subject “Field Joint Coating Supervisor” to firstname.lastname@example.org.